Sunday, June 30, 2013

Meatless Monday: Bean and Cheese Burritos

Bean and Cheese Burrito
You can create these filling, healthy burritos in minutes. The beans and cheese have protein, the salsa is a dramatic addition.

In the summer, I just use the microwave.



I put refried beans, cheese and tomatoes in a large flour tortilla. If you have good luck, you may have a muy consada tortilla (very happy.)










Rolling the burrito is a skill. I tuck the long ends, roll from one side to the other, kind of like baby bunting. Then I put salsa, and cheese on top. I cook them two at a time on a dinner plate in the microwave on medium for four minutes. Cooking times vary with microwaves, so keep an eye on it.

Looks kind of like a blueberry burrito, but those are black beans.


I chose to make mine with black beans. Everything else is the same. It was surprisingly filling and delicious.

Mexican food is very versatile and hearty.





No comments:

Post a Comment