Sunday, June 23, 2013

Yummy Creation: Butterfly Tuna Salad

I was hankering for some tuna--so on a hot summer's day I concocted  some kind of cold almost-salad but not quite salad. Here's what happened. I decided to call it Butterfly Tuna Salad to honor my garden's maricopas. Plus, the pasta could be said to look like butterflies.

Butterfly Tuna Salad

1 lrg can (10 oz.) tuna
1 c bowtie (butterfly) pasta
1 small tomato
i small onion
1 sprig fresh parsley
2 tbs alfredo sauce
2 tsp raspberry dressing
1 tsp parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt

Boil pasta in water for about 12 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.  Pour the raspberry dressing over the pasta. Mix the tuna, tomato (chopped small), onion, alfredo sauce and salt in medium bowl.

Place the tuna mixture over the bowtie (butterfly) macaroni in your favorite bowl. Sprinkle shredded parsley and parmesan cheese over top.

This is very refreshing on a hot day--and full of protein and nutrients.

Garden Tip
Fresh is fun. How great to to have an excuse to go outside and pick your own food. Sunlight, breezes, scents from the garden--just what the doctor ordered.

The onions are so easy--though I have been having a battle with our huge local ravens over my tomatoes. I've brought them in to ripen early.

Now they're going into the Butterfly Tuna Salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment